Monday, February 23, 2009

LiPhone As We Know It Part II

Yes, I was a little skeptical of the iPhone at first. I am an outspoken and devout user of the PC and I loathe Macs with their undivided clicker and their pretentious white mice. I think it’s the stark whiteness of the Macs that really gets under my skin. I cannot stare at a white border all day. Computers are meant to be silver, a neutral, calming color. It subtly alludes to the hard, rugged, ooh soo important and complicated machinery that lies just beneath the surface. When I walk into an office and see that I will be working on a Mac my first urge is to hit it. But I refrain from this somewhat violent and unprovoked attack as I know the time will soon come, when the Mac will fail to load its Internet knock-off Cucci inspired Safari browser and I will have no other option but to whack at its white plastic sides in an effort resolve the problem.

That being said, I LOVVVVVVVEEE my iPhone! This sweet baby is enforced with that no-nonsense, silver titanium border, and if you couldn’t have guessed it already, I opted to purchase the black iPhone.

Now, I know that not everyone has a blackberry or an iPhone but for the sake of this blog I am going to pretend that everyone does. And let’s be honest here, seriously, EVERYONE HAS ONE!! I went with the iPhone rather than a blackberry for two reasons: 1) I am on the Cingular/ATT plan 2) The iPhone has apps. Apps are short for Applications. Applications are downloadable pieces of your life that you literally cannot live without. Once you acquire enough said applications, your life is essentially complete. Let me show you….

Before my iPhone: I was a complete mess. I could never remember anything I had to do (pick up kids, eat), I was completely unaware of new and upcoming artists and songs, did not have the ability to log onto Facebook at the drop of a hat, and was soo bad with directions I could hardly find my own left hand.

After my iPhone: I am God. Shall I elaborate?

To Do List Application: Let’s me write down everything I need to do which I otherwise would forget had it not been for THIS particular To Do List. Paper lists are for wimps.

Urban Spoon Application: It’s like gambling for dinner.

Around Me Application: This is extremely handy when I totally forget where I am (happens more than you think) and I need to find something/be found.

Facebook Application: I haven’t logged off Facebook in 4 months! Beat that “I update my status every 5 seconds girl”!

Taxi Magic Application: Not so magical, more like an advertisement for Luxor Cabs, but they just happen to be my favorite taxi cab company as they take credit cards ☺

iFishing Application: Yes, you all thought I was completely devoid of skill, tact and grace. Well say that to me after I just caught a 30 pound bass and won $20,000.00 beezies!

Wikipanion Application: My best and smartest friend, sorry WikiMary but you can’t fit in my pocket.

Tangram Pro Application: Remember when you were a kid in elementary school and you had free time so you grabbed a friend to play a rousing game of Tangram? And the game eventually ends with you throwing those stupid red misshaped pieces at your teacher screaming, “It doesn’t even look like a duck!!” I can now relive those great memories via my iPhone and the Tangram Pro Application.

Sudoku Application: I’m not going to lie, I don’t play this one in public much because I’m afraid people are looking over my shoulders and thinking “9 goes there, how can you not see that you moron!!”

Sandscapes Application: If you ever want to watch the world fly by without you ever contributing a single thing, you must have this application. I have made the prettiest pictures ever at 12:00 on a Friday night!
Fast Food Application: We found this shining star the day after New Years. It led us right to the McDonalds drive thru window. Simply amazing.

Sally’s Salon Application: This was one of the more costly applications I downloaded but definitely worth every penny. I single handedly ran Sally’s Salon, moving her from some strung out joint in the local mall to an exclusive salon at the Hotel Ritz. And yes, I put that on my resume.

Craigsearch Application: For all those missed connections posted about me.

Touch Closet Application: You know that scene in Clueless when Cher is looking through her closet and she’s using her computer to help her find the perfect outfit? I have that on my iPhone. All I had to do was take a picture of every single article of clothing I own. It may eat up all of my memory but I can now plan what I will be wearing tonight while I am…somewhere else other than my room…


Coloring Book Application: Extremely cathartic after a long day of Craigslisting.

These are just some of the AMAZING applications I have downloaded on my iPhone. These beautiful babies make me the woman that I am today. I’m sure all of you iPhone owners (everyone) understand and feel the same affinity, and owe the same amount of gratitude to your iPhone and applications as well. So let’s keep spreading the love for the only thing Steve Jobs and the Apple people got right!

1 comment: